Pre-K applications for 2017-18 have closed and placements have been made.
To add a child’s name to the waiting list, please visit the school for which the child is zoned and bring the child’s birth certificate and proof of residency (see requirements below).
2017-2018 Registration Process
Pre-K applications will be available at each of our elementary schools Feb. 1 through Feb. 28, 2017, for children who live in Jackson County and will be four years old by Sept. 1, 2017.
There are a limited number of spaces in the Pre-K program in Jackson County, and completion of the application process does not guarantee enrollment. If the number of applications exceeds the spots available, a drawing will be held in the spring, and all applicants will be notified of their status by mail.
You will need the following items to complete the application process:
- Proof of residency in the parent/guardian’s name. The following are acceptable:
- Copy of home settlement statement or mortgage statement.
- Copy of current lease agreement signed by landlord (handwritten notes are not accepted).
- Copy of current utility bill/service connection with parent/guardian’s name and service address.
- Copy of current homeowner’s insurance statement with parent/guardian’s name and address.
*Please note: Should living arrangements be a multi-residence household or a shared household, and the parent/guardian is not the homeowner or head of household, a Student Residency Questionnaire and a Certificate of Multi-Family Residence form must be completed, notarized, and on file. The school can provide notary if needed.
- Student’s Birth Certificate, hospital-issued birth record, or religious birth record.
- Proof of Guardianship/Custody Agreement is required when both birth parents are listed on the birth certificate but do not live in the same household.
- Child’s Social Security Card or signed waiver (SSN waiver available at time of registration).
- Parent/guardian proof of identification (examples are: Photo ID, passport, work badge, etc.).
- Georgia Department of Public Health Form 3300 – Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening. Available through/conducted by the local health department or a Georgia physician. Required for children entering Georgia schools for the first time.
- Georgia Immunization Form 3231. Available only through the Health Department or a Georgia physician.
The Jackson County School System does not and will not discriminate
based on race, color, national origin, or immigration status.